Thursday, July 28, 2016

Senator Leila de Lima urged Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez to conduct his research first on her accomplishments against illegal drugs when she was still the Justice Secretary.

(My advice to Speaker Alvarez is know first the things I did as DOJ secretary, research on the things I did to combat illegal drugs;" the senator said in an interview after President Rodrigo Duterte’s first State of the Nation Address Monday night

ADVERTISEMENT





I hope they do not insinuate that I am a coddler of drug addicts. It’s so, so, so unfair. I hope that’s what they do, she said.

De Lima, who headed the DOJ before she was elected senator last May, was reacting to Alvarez’s plan to seek a congressional inquiry into the alleged proliferation of illegal drugs at the NBP under her term.
Moreover, the senator said that there might be people feeding Alvarez or the new administration false information in order to discredit her.

SPONSOR





She said, if the House inquiry is really towards drafting laws in order to reform the prison system to totally eradicate the prison-based criminality in Bilibid, I’m more than willing to be involved. If I will really be given the chance to chair the justice and human rights committee), in my own committee, I will do counterpart things, moves, actions, she added.

Source: newsph.info


Share this story!

Visit and follow our website: Trending News Global

© Trending News Global

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unordered List

Sample Text

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Text Widget